Bramble Bush

Bramble Bush

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Me time sometimes = tree time

I sit here writing this after midnight. One of the few times of the day where someone or something doesn't need or want something from me. My 2 1/2 year old (R) can entertain himself pretty well, but my almost 6 month old (C) is, as babies are, pretty needy.  When C wants something then so does R. Eventually I hope that things will calm down and I pray that they take naps at the same time.

So when I'm not being begged for attention, making dinner, or cleaning the house, I try to do some thing for myself. One of those things would be researching the family tree. A lot of the time I end up letting C nap in my arms while I search. It's not easy to type one handed, but I'm getting decently proficient.

In my last post, I said that I was considering becoming a professional genealogist. At this point I realize that doing things like on-line classes, searching other people's family trees, and going to seminars are going to have to wait until the boys are older.

Being a stay-at-home mom will always come first, but it would be nice for "Mommy time" to last longer than a "Thomas" or "Bob the Builder" movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment